Monday, July 2, 2012

Hogle Zoo With the Quads


I had the Quads this past Friday night and Saturday and took them to Salt Lake's Hogle Zoo Saturday morning.  They were excited to see the newly-completed exhibit featuring polar bears, seals, walruses and grizzly bears.  We had hoped that there would also be penguins, but they apparently will not be coming back to Hogle.

The day started with breakfast on the deck ...
Followed by coloring ...
Looking at the seals ...
And the sea walrus ...

After the new exhibit and the reptile house, it was time to go to the bird show.  I looked over at one point and saw Levi with his legs crossed and arms folded across his lap.  I HAD to take a picture:  both his father and his grandfather fold(ed) their arms across their laps exactly like Levi was (though I cross my left leg over my right knee).


After reading this post, my sister reminded me of a picture of MY grandfather and great-grandfather, i.e., Levi's Great-Grandfather Broom and his Great-Great-Grandfather Broom, in a similar posture (you can also see where the premature gray comes from):


The most popular attraction of the morning, however, was not an exhibit or a show, but a squirrel feeding on bird seed dropped from a feeder.  Go figure.



1 comment:

  1. and Nathan's great-grandfather and his father, I believe. I have a picture of that!

    ReplyDelete