Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Breakfast in Noe Valley


If I had three or four months to spare from responsibilities, commitments and life in Utah, I think I'd move to San Francisco and blog about breakfast restaurants all over the city and the perambulations I made to reach them. I don't have three or four months to spare, but I have spent the last week doing just that, and I've loved it - both the experience and the food.

On Saturday and again on Sunday morning, we walked down to a restaurant called Savor at 24th and Sanchez. We went back because there was so much on the menu we wanted to try after our first visit.


On Saturday, I had the "Baja Scramble," featuring chicken apple sausage, mushrooms, spinach, onions, chipotle peppers with roasted jalapeno, cheddar cheese & salsa fresca. Delicious. (I've had chicken apple sausage in several forms since being here and am definitely going to have to check my gourmet food store (Costco) when we get back home.) Mark and I also shared Savor's French toast "Parisienne" (pictured in the lead photo above), made from raisin walnut cinnamon bread. This became Mark's favorite French toast of the trip, but mine remains the Cinnamon croissant at Chloe's, topped with strawberries and maple syrup, pictured below.


That did not stop me, however, from ordering it again on Sunday morning (to split, of course). To go along with this, I ordered their Rio Grande scramble, comprised of eggs, grilled chicken breast, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach and goat cheese. Again, delicious, and a protein extravaganza. Couldn't get to the potatoes.


And then there was the walking part of the experience. Here are some of the photos I took as we wended our way through the streets of Noe Valley:

A poinsettia bush, the first I've ever seen. It was gorgeous.










Yesterday morning, we ate at another place on 24th: Griddle Fresh. It was the lemon ricotta pancakes that caught Mark's eye and lured us in. We shared those, and I had the garden scramble featuring "garlic, tomato, fennel, eggplant, Kalamata olive, basil pesto, grilled asparagus, and Grana Padano sprinkle." I couldn't eat it all, but it was good.

















No comments:

Post a Comment