Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Red-Letter Day


Yesterday was a red-letter day.

We arrived safely in Maui and, by the time we got our rental car, drove to our condo, did a bit of grocery shopping and drove to the beach, we still had about five hours of good beach time. It was wonderful.

The view from the balcony of the condo we're renting.

I don't have a lot of time to write this morning because I woke up during the night with a huge migraine which I think was triggered by a host of things, but in particular the barbecue chicken pizza we had last night, which I suspect was laced with MSG. This caused a slow start to the day, and we're off to the beach again, so I hope to write more this evening. Yesterday, we had time to swim in the ocean, soak up the sun and watch the sunset.  



At Little Beach

The other reason yesterday was a red-letter day: As we were waiting in baggage claim for our suitcase, I received email confirmation from my lawyer that the divorce decree was entered yesterday.  So I am now officially divorced. After all this time, it was both cause for exhilaration (to have that process behind me) and reflection. Jean and I were married almost 25 years when we separated and we had 10 children together. The formal end to that marriage is, despite all my other emotions, a solemn moment.

1 comment: