Thursday, May 10, 2012

Home

Home
We returned home yesterday after arriving back in Salt Lake late yesterday morning.  It was fun to see how the yard has changed in our absence.

The wisteria is blooming!


The Japanese maples in front are glorious
The hostas in back have grown
The Bleeding Heart are beautiful




"Confucius" presides over his leafy domain
The maple in back has fully leafed out, as has the linden.  I had forgotten how much shade the maple gives.

This is, of course, the first time I have seen Mark's yard in the spring.  It feels good to experience the seasons for the first time in my new home, just like it felt good to go with Mark to Maui and feel that we now have that shared experience behind us and within us.


The dogs were excited to see us, although they were acting a little weird.  Ajax didn't recognize me and was barking, barking as I approached the door, even after I called repeatedly to him.  Violet, as expected, peed all over everywhere after Mark let her out of the laundry room where the house sitter had left her earlier that morning.  They seemed subdued all afternoon, but are much more their old selves this morning.

Mark was definitely happy to see the dogs
Mark worked in the yard all afternoon yesterday, and by evening, it was looking beautiful - weed-free, swept, tidied and trimmed.  Meanwhile, I unpacked, did laundry, went through mail and did some grocery shopping.

I am doing some "processing" today ... Coming "home" and contemplating what that now means ... Trying to make the connect between the psychic place I have been the past three weeks and where I'm at now ... Confronting stresses left behind ... Processing ...

Meanwhile, I'm seeing the kids tonight.  Looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment