Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Questions and Answers



The past is gone forever.

The present is sometimes enigmatic.

The future is unknown.

Old answers no longer work. 

But did they ever, really?


New answers are elusive.

But are there answers?

Old questions, asked in youth, are sometimes frightening in later life.

I thought I knew all the answers.

But only because I ignored the questions.

Now I am living the questions.

Old answers no longer work. 


The illusion of comfort and knowledge is gone.

I stare at the canvas.

It stares back at me.

Creation is so much more daunting that conformity.


I wrote this poem and published it on my old blog back in early July of last year.  So much water has passed under the bridge since then; so much has come into my life, for which I'm grateful.  

My canvas is gaining composition, but there are still large parts that are blank.  Creation remains daunting.  One of the biggest challenges, I think, is to trust the creator.


“The only people who see the whole picture are the ones 
who step out of the frame.”

~ Salman Rushdie

No comments:

Post a Comment