Saturday, November 14, 2015

Invictus Pilgrim Memoir Post #2: You Really Are Not Alone


One of the most frightening things about living in the closet when you're married and Mormon is that you think you're all alone, that there's no one else like you. When I first began the process of coming out, I was fortunate to make contact with other men who had made the journey out before me. One such was Alan, who wrote the following to me the day after I came out to my wife in November 2010.
"I can almost guarantee you that virtually everything you think, or feel, or imagine, or wonder about as you go through this process is not unique to you. Somebody else has thought or felt or imagined or wondered about exactly the same thing. One of the great things about coming out is you realize you really are not alone. You always thought you were, but you're not and never were."

No comments:

Post a Comment